Bulk orders, pick-and-ship programs, shopping sprees, branded gifts — there are so many gifting options available these days, it can be hard to keep them all straight. Here’s a quick cheat sheet on what’s what, along with the pros and cons of each.
- Bulk order. You choose one item for your entire group. Pros: Easy to execute. Cons: No element of choice, interaction or brand experience.
- Pick-and-ship. Your guests choose from a list of options and the gift is shipped to them. Pros: Element of choice. Cons: No interaction, brand experience or instant gratification — plus too many options can be frustrating.
- Shopping spree. A reseller offers your guests an onsite experience with multiple brands. Pros: Suits a wide demographic. Cons: Limited inventory, additional markups, high minimums, lack of brand knowledge and danger of “choice overload.”
- One “branded” gift. A reseller offers your guests an onsite experience with a single brand. Pros: Element of choice. Cons: Limited inventory, additional markups, high minimums and lack of brand knowledge.
- True brand experience — what we offer at Maui Jim. As the manufacturer, we have access to the full product line and latest styles, with low minimums and easy, upfront pricing. Your guests’ experience is our top priority, and we only staff our events with employees who have extensive brand, product and warranty knowledge.