Event Specialist: Hawaii
- How did you start your journey and begin with Maui Jim?
I began as a temporary hire event associate in 2013 right after I graduated from the University of Hawaii at Mānoa with my B.A. in Marketing.
- What’s the most interesting place your travels have taken you?
Being from Hawaii, the farthest I’ve been on a work trip was to our corporate office in Peoria, Illinois! I’ve also traveled to Mexico, California and Arizona.
- What’s the best thing about owning a pair of Maui Jim sunglasses?
I know I’m wearing the BEST sunglasses out there for eye protection and eliminating glare. Also, when you see others wearing Maui Jim and notice each other, you have this unspoken understanding that you’re part of an ʻohana that knows how amazing Maui Jim sunglasses are!
- What’s something people don’t know about Maui Jim that they should know?
Maui Jim is a privately owned company that has many patents for proprietary materials and processes to make high quality sunglasses that no other sunglasses company can replicate.
- What’s the best gift you’ve ever received (and why)?
My son is the best gift I ever received. It’s an indescribable feeling becoming a mother and the unconditional love you have for your child.
- If you were a pair of Maui Jim sunglasses, which style would you be (and why)?
I would be the Stillwater style. It’s a subtle and unique style that’s one-of-a-kind with its foldable and compact frame with intricate and detailed designs on its thin temples. I’m a detail-oriented person who likes to stand out, not with an outward flashy appearance, but by the unique attributes, passion and out-of-the-box mindset I bring to the table.