- How did you start your journey and begin with Maui Jim?
As someone born and raised in Peoria, Maui Jim has always been the place to work. After my short tenure as a teacher, I moved back to Peoria and joined the Maui Jim Repairs Department in early 2013. After assisting with a few Corporate Gifts events, which I loved, I accepted the position for International Events Coordinator late in 2015 and became Supervisor in October 2017.
- What’s the most interesting place your travels have taken you?
MAUI! It gave me a whole new appreciation for our company and how important our lens technology is to enhance all the colors on the island.
- What’s the best thing about owning a pair of Maui Jim sunglasses?
Literally everything! The technology is unlike any other, your eyes have the best protection, and they make me look like I have some sort of fashion sense.
- What’s something people don’t know about Maui Jim that they should know?
We love dogs and consistently have them visit. You can always tell when a new puppy is in the office, as everyone leaves their desk at the same time.
- What’s the best gift you’ve ever received (and why)?
My aunt gave me a glass owl a couple years ago for Christmas. It used to be my grandfathers, and was one of a few things he kept on his desk. He was very successful and someone I look up. Having it on my desk now, reminds me of him and who I want to be.
- If you were a pair of Maui Jim sunglasses, which style would you be (and why)?
Hula Blues. Music has been important to me and has made me who I am today. The fact this pair is made out of a vinyl record, as well as being named after a famous Hawaiian song, shows both my love for music and the Hawaiian culture.