Sales Manager: West
- How did you start your journey and begin with Maui Jim?
As a former hotelier, I used to partner with Maui Jim often for my client’s events and I fell in love with the reaction recipients would have receiving this as a gift. That’s when I knew I wanted to be part of this memory making team.
- What’s the most interesting place your travels have taken you?
If you would have told me when I was a kid living in southeast Detroit that I one day would be traveling the world – I wouldn’t have believed you. Each and every destination has been special. From Alaska, to the UAE, to Asia.
- What’s the best thing about owning a pair of Maui Jim sunglasses?
I don’t think there’s any one thing that I can point out. It’s complete protection from harmful UV rays and glare, knowing that MJ has an incredible repairs division if they are ever scratched or break, and the amazing styles we continue to launch.
- What’s something people don’t know about Maui Jim that they should know?
That we continue to be a privately held company, with our home office being in Hawaii, but our corporate HDQ being in (tropical) Peoria, IL.
- What’s the best gift you’ve ever received (and why)?
Several years ago my mom created a binder for me and my brother with all of our family recipes hand written out and the pages laminated as a Christmas gift. I will cherish this for the rest of my life since it’s such a personal and thoughtful gift.
- If you were a pair of Maui Jim sunglasses, which style would you be (and why)?
I would be “Sunshine,” because even that word just makes you smile.