Event Specialist: Central Region
- How did you start your journey and begin with Maui Jim?
I started my journey with Maui as an intern in Corporate Gifts. I spent six months in Peoria, IL traveling to all of the events on the mainland, Canada, Caribbean, and Mexico. Following, I went to Hawaii and lived on Maui for six months and island hopped as an intern in Corporate Gifts. I moved to Minnesota to be an Aloha Service Merchandiser with Maui Jim. I was a representative for our Key Accounts in five states. I covered Iowa, Wisconsin, North Dakota, South Dakota, and Minnesota. I returned back to Corporate Gifts in 2017 as an Event Specialist.
- What’s the most interesting place your travels have taken you?
The most interesting place my travels have taken me is South Africa. I went to South Africa for my grandparent’s 50th wedding anniversary. We enjoyed a safari ride, rode an elephant, and experienced eating a caterpillar, a local delicacy.
- What’s the best thing about owning a pair of Maui Jim sunglasses?
The best thing about owning a pair of Maui Jim sunglasses is actually seeing all the amazing colors the world has. My life was changed after owning a pair of Maui Jim sunglasses.
- What’s something people don’t know about Maui Jim that they should know?
People should know how awesome the Maui Jim employees are. When we say ‘ohana, we mean it. The company is not just focused on selling sunglasses, but their employees as well.
- What’s the best gift you’ve ever received (and why)?
The best gift I have ever received was a trip to Europe with my family. It was a Christmas gift and the memories we made were unforgettable. We explored Italy, Switzerland, and Ireland.
- If you were a pair of Maui Jim sunglasses, which style would you be (and why)?
If I were a pair of Maui Jim sunglasses I would be the Honomanu’s. They are classic with a little funky twist.