Sales Manager: Canada
- How did you start your journey and begin with Maui Jim?
I was working for Wilson Sporting Goods and had just finished my MBA/Master of Sport Business Management at UCF and I went to an Incentive Marketing Association conference in Florida. I heard Brett Hatch speak and thought, “Wow, he sounds like he knows what he’s doing! I should speak to him and learn some of his secrets.” Before I knew it, he had hired me to cover the Central Region based in Chicago. A few years later, I moved home to Vancouver Canada and I now manage the Canadian Corporate Market and the Sports/Travel N. American Market.
- What’s the most interesting place your travels have taken you?
I love traveling so this is a hard question. Probably the most interesting place was discovering the magical castles of Alsace France but I also love cities, some of my favs are Vancouver, London, and Barcelona.
- What’s the best thing about owning a pair of Maui Jim sunglasses?
The lenses. They are THE BEST.
- What’s something people don’t know about Maui Jim that they should know?
That Maui Jim is privately owned and Walter our owner really cares about the brand and how the sunglasses are made. We aren’t part of the giant Luxottica and Essilor group, like almost every other brand. It sets the brand apart and makes things like repairing your sunglasses a fun, fast and positive experience.
- What’s the best gift you’ve ever received (and why)?
My children. Love.
- If you were a pair of Maui Jim sunglasses, which style would you be (and why)?
The Ocean. It’s comfortable and stylish. I also love the actual Ocean and would swim and scuba dive every day if I could.